Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bridal Shower for Stella






My sister-in-law came to me at the end of January and asked me to make a bridal shower cake/cupcake for her friend. Her and the other bridesmaids had a forest, winter bluish-gray sort of theme. She sent me a picture of the invitations and the centerpieces. The centerpieces had carnations on branches and the invitations had a birch forest on them. So, I designed a cake that had Peppridge Farm's Pirouettes surrounding it and gumpaste carnations on the top. I found on Etsy a woman that makes these beautiful wire trees with birthstones on the the wires. The girls wanted 3 types of cupcakes: Red Velvet w/ french vanilla buttercream, Carrot Cake w/ cream cheese frosting & Orange Dream w/ vanilla buttercream. They also had yellow gluten-free cupcakes for one of the bridesmaids. The cake was a 6" round made of buttery golden cake and filled with vanilla buttercream. I made different color gumpaste flowers just in case the girls couldn't figure out which was which cupcake. From what I've been told, it was a complete hit and more important the bride LOVED it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment